reshape your teeth and smile
If you suffer from a misaligned bite or broken or crooked teeth, a powerful solution is available.
If your child is ready for a new, improved smile that transforms their appearance and bolsters their self-confidence, then BRACE THEM FOR A CHANGE!
Visit Pacific Dental Care. We offer quality children’s orthodontic treatments in a fun, friendly, and positive environment.
Orthodontic braces are a device used to align a person’s teeth to make them straight and symmetrical. They also make a person’s bite even, avoiding the pressure from an asymmetrical bite that can wear down your teeth over time. There are different types of braces such as metal and ceramic, available for every budget. Braces work by applying steady pressure on your teeth in a specific direction for a certain amount of time, determined by your dentist’s treatment plan.
The patient should frequently visit their orthodontist to have the braces re-adjusted, usually every few weeks. Once the teeth are completely straightened, the patient needs to wear a retainer to keep the teeth in their new position. Braces are affordable, highly effective, and produce great results!
How do I care for my braces and teeth?
While undergoing an orthodontic treatment, it is essential to visit your orthodontist on a regular basis to make sure you’re following instructions and the treatment is proceeding properly. Here are some basic but important pieces of oral health advice:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and, preferably, use a mouthwash. Ask your orthodontist to recommend the best brand of fluoride toothpaste to use.
- Learn to brush with just the right amount of force. Hard brushing can damage your orthodontic appliances and even wear away enamel. Your orthodontist will instruct you in cleaning techniques appropriate for the appliance you are wearing.
- Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks. Also avoid hard or sticky foods such as candies, taffies, or ice as chewing these can damage your appliances.
How will orthodontics help my child?
The earlier you or your child begins orthodontic treatment, the better. This gives you the best chance of preventing oral health problems down the road. Early treatment tends to be shorter and less complicated than treatments undertaken later in life.
Early treatment allows our orthodontist to:
- Correct oral health habits
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Reduce the risk of tooth decay
- Reduce the accumulation of bacterial plaque
- Improve tooth alignment
- Improve the way lips meet
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
With a good oral hygiene routine and a little help from your orthodontist, your child can have a healthy and beautiful smile.
Beginning an orthodontic treatment can be a stressful time for both parents and children. That is why our orthodontist serving the Glendale, Burbank and Pasadena areas will ensure that your orthodontic treatment is a gratifying experience, whatever your age.
Everyone Deserves A Beautiful Smile!
Pacific Dental Care
BOOK A CONSULT
Dr. Marine Martirosyan, DDS and her dental team will work with you to find the best solution to give you the best results.