Bad bites. Crowded, broken or crooked teeth. Don’t let them ruin your smile!
If your child is ready for a healthy smile that transforms her appearance and improves her life, then BRACE HER FOR A CHANGE!
Visit us at Pacific Dental Care where we offer quality, specialized children’s orthodontics in a friendly, fun and positive environment.
Orthodontic Braces are a device used in orthodontics to align a person’s teeth and their position with regard to their bite. There are different types of braces such as traditional metal, ceramic or invisible braces available for every taste and budget. Braces work by applying steady pressure on your teeth in a specific direction for an amount of time determined by our dentist.
Every month or two the patient should visit out orthodontist to have the braces re-adjusted. Once the teeth are completely straightened the patient may have to wear retainers to avoid the teeth going to their original position. The treatment is highly effective, affordable and with great results!
How do I care for my braces and teeth?
While having an orthodontic treatment, it is really important to visit your orthodontist on a regular basis to have your teeth checked. Below you will find few things to take into consideration regarding oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and, preferably, use a mouthwash. Ask your orthodontist to recommend the fluoride toothpaste for you to use.
- Clean your teeth carefully when brushing. Avoid hard brushing because appliances are delicate and may break if you are too rough. Your orthodontist will show you the cleaning techniques appropriate for the appliance you are wearing.
- Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks. Try to avoid snacks containing sugars and hard foods that may damage your orthodontic appliances.
How will orthodontics help my child?
Early treatment may prevent more oral health problems down the road. It is shorter and less complicated than treatments undertaken later.
Also, early treatment will give our orthodontist the opportunity to:
- Reduce the accumulation of bacterial plaque
- Reduce the risk of tooth decay
- Correct wrong oral habits
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Improve tooth alignment
- Improve the way lips meet, and
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
With a good oral hygiene routine, and a little help from your orthodontics treatment, your child can have a beautiful and healthy smile.
We are aware that starting an orthodontic treatment can be a stressful time for both children and parents. That is why our orthodontist servicing the Glendale, Pasadena and Burbank areas, will ensure that your orthodontic treatment is a fun and gratifying experience, whatever your age.