If you’re interested in improving the overall appearance of your smile, Pacific Dental Care offers a number of laser procedures to meet your needs. Our cosmetic dentist uses dental lasers, a safe, painless technology that allows us to sculpt your best possible smile. The tightly focused laser allows for treatment of a specific area without affecting the surrounding tissues.
There are two main types of lasers used in dental treatment:
- Hard tissue lasers are used for cutting through teeth. Their wavelength specifically targets the calcium phosphate salt that is found in teeth and bone. These lasers have many applications, from the repair of dental fillings to shaping teeth in preparation for composite bonding.
- Soft tissue lasers are used on the gums. Their wavelength targets water and hemoglobin, the main protein in your blood.
What are the benefits of laser smile enhancement?
Since lasers automatically cauterize the targeted area, they result in less bleeding and reduced pain. Lasers seal the incisions they create, often making stitches unnecessary. The risk of bacterial infection is also minimized, since lasers sterilize the targeted area. Because lasers seal blood vessels and nerve endings, many people report no postoperative pain following a laser operation.
What are some common laser smile enhancement procedures?
A number of procedures work in concert to reshape your smile. Here are some applications of dental laser technology for aesthetic enhancement:
- Crown lengthening: This procedure involves reshaping gum tissue with a soft tissue laser and bone with a hard tissue laser to improve your teeth’s structure.
- Gummy smile: If you have an excess of gum tissue that detracts from your smile, we can use a soft tissue laser to remove it.
- Soft tissue folds: Poorly fitted dentures can cause the growth of unsightly and uncomfortable soft tissue folds, which can be painlessly removed with a soft tissue laser.
- Teeth whitening: We can use low-intensity soft tissue lasers to accelerate the bleaching involved in teeth whitening.
These procedures are coordinated for an overall aesthetic plan to improve your smile. Laser treatment is quick and involves little downtime. Many of these procedures can even be performed in the same session. Consult with your dentist and express your goals for an optimal smile. Every patient is unique, and we will develop an optimized, affordable treatment plan customized to your facial structure and oral health.
Call Pacific Dental Care for a consultation. We service the surrounding areas of Glendale, Burbank, and Pasadena. Take advantage of our cutting-edge laser technology to enhance your smile.
Pacific Dental Care
BOOK A CONSULT
Dr. Marine Martirosyan, DDS and her dental team will work with you to find the best solution to give you the best results.