Having braces is more comfortable than what anxious patients may think. This is because the growth of technology has made the treatment experience simpler and more convenient for patients. Glendale dentist, Dr. Marine provides orthodontic treatment and braces with the most advanced technologies available. With treatments such as Invisalign, you can resume your regular eating, drinking, and brushing routine without complications.
It is not uncommon for patients to experience minor discomfort the first few days following treatment. The teeth may even appear to feel like they are moving, but this is expected with a treatment that is purposed for realigning your teeth. There are a few helpful tips that can help patients who are concerned about how to eat and what to eat while having braces.
Tips When Eating with Braces:
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush when cleaning your teeth between meals
- Brush your teeth after each meal or snack
- If you do not have access to your regular tooth brushing supplies, carry an interdental brush to remove any food that can get stuck in your braces
- Rinse your teeth with water to help remove food particles from your braces
- Floss your teeth at least once per day
- Schedule a check-up with your dentist every six months
The primary thing to know about braces is that you can eat mostly anything as long as you follow recommended cleaning practices for your teeth and orthodontic appliances. The foods that dentists would prefer or recommend you avoid during braces treatment include sticky, chewy, or crunchy items. Some examples of these are bagels, licorice, chewing gum, applies, hard candies, and more.
If you have additional questions regarding braces treatment or to schedule a consultation, contact Pacific Dental Care today.
Fastbraces and Traditional Braces
Invisalign for Adults